Dark Chocolate Drizzled Ginger Butter Cookies

Sunday 24 August 2014

 photo SAM_6748_zpsc18440cc.jpg

I don't mind admitting it.  I'm having a kind of a blah day.   I think everyone has days like that from time to time.  It's like I'm running on empty today and my battery just feels low . . .  low . . .  low.  I am totally lacking in energy and inspiration.  Totally.




 photo SAM_6749_zpsdf818c64.jpg

 Todd says I get up too early in the morning.  I wake up every morning about 5:30.  It doesn't seem to matter what time I go to sleep.   I just wake up at that same time.  It's a good thing I do though because if I didn't I wouldn't have enough time to get everything done in a day that I want and need to get done.

 photo SAM_6750_zpsd4ebb4ed.jpg

There just are not enough hours in the day.  This morning I made these cookies, and a cake to take to the church barbeque and I also made some hot sandwiches.   Now it's going on for supper time and I can't be asked.

  photo SAM_6751_zpsf7731f12.jpg

Do you ever get like that?   Just totally lacking in everything?  Nothing you can put your finger on, but . . .  everything just seems to be dull and lacklustre.  Not even these cookies perked me up, and that is saying something.

 photo SAM_6752_zps68573c26.jpg

Coz they're fabulous cookies.   Buttery.  Crisp.   Stogged full of lovely sweet little nuggets of candied ginger . . .  slathered in a thick drizzle of melted dark chocolate.  Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.   We shall just have to wait and see I guess.  I suppose every day can't be totally inspiring . . .

  photo SAM_6755_zps1441c28b.jpg


*Dark Chocolate Drizzled Ginger Butter Cookies*
makes a couple dozen
Printable Recipe


Butter, crisp and rendolent of lovely sweet and spiced ginger flavours, accented by a dark chocolate drizzle.


225g of butter, softened (1 cup)
110g of caster sugar (1/2 cup)
few drops of ginger extract
275g of plain flour (scant 2 cups, sifted)
4 TBS finely chopped candied ginger
50g of melted dark chocolate ( 2 ounces)


Preheat the oven  to 170*C/325*F/ gas mark 3.  LIne a large baking sheet with baking paper.
Cream together the butter, extract and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the flour and stir in the ginger bits.  Roll into walnut sized balls.  Place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.


Press down with a fork.  Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until light golden brown and just firm on top.   Leave on baking sheet to cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Drizzle the tops decoratively with melted chocolate.   Allow to set prior to storing in an airtight container.

11 comments

  1. You accomplish so much so early on a blah day..
    Energizer Bunny.
    I think we all have those days Marie..I think..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah dear Im agree with Monique all.we have these days dear.Sometimes I think I will make this recipe but later I cannot or something happens!
    Always I say God He make change of roads and is ok I have learned with it ha!
    These cookies are just beautiful dear.
    Hope you feel better I send you hugs and love Marie:))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think I need a change of scenery. I have not been into Chester proper since before Christmas last year. I am becoming a stick in the mud! Thanks Monique and Gloria!

    Todd thinks that I get up far too early. But if I didn't then I wouldn't get anything done at all! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you work so much dear Marie:)
      Try to relax dear!
      love yah xoxo

      Delete
  4. These sound amazing! I am on a diet at the moment but I clipped the recipe to evernote to try later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you too Gloria! Thanks so much! xxoo

    Thanks Angrygreycatreads! They are not overly sweet. Just right. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmh, this looks relishes. I will save recipe to try making it soonest :-)

    xoxo
    www.cookwithdesy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie,
    sorry you feel blah! I'm still stuck here in NY...but things are getting closer. I love how these cookies sound and just jotted it down in my sketchbook so I can make them someday. Almost all my baking stuff is packed! I'll let you know when the big day happens.
    Love your blog and always refer it to friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy them Desy!

    Mary I can't believe how long it is taking for you to be able to get over here. It took me three weeks! Mind you that was pre 9/11! It's probably a lot harder now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound amazing! May have to put candied ginger on the shopping list so I can make them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not regret it Ellie! These are gorgeous! xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!