A deliciously simple Lemon and Raspberry Dessert

Thursday 27 August 2015



We've had a really busy day here today running about here and there.   We had to go all the way up to Manchester to have the Toddster's iPad fixed and then back again, amongst all of our other duties and so today for eats . . .  easy is the order of the day.





Today, thankfully, we had leftover roast chicken and veg from the other night. All I had to do was heat it up.



I wanted a quick and easy pud to serve for afters today and this one I found in the August 2011 issue of BBC Good Food magazine fit the bill perfectly.

It used things I just happened to have on hand, and it was very quick to throw together. It was also very easy to cut down so that I had only one serving, just large enough for the Toddster. (ok, I did have a taste. I freely admit it!! And I enjoyed every taste bud tingling, lucious morsel of taste that I had! Scrumptious!)



It sounded fabulous . . . whipped cream, lemon curd, raspberries and crushed meringues. What could be any tastier or easier than simply folding them together?

It was extremely . . . tasty! I think I've found a new dinner party dessert!



*Lemon Curd and Raspberry Pots*
Serves 4
Printable Recipe

Easy peasy, lemon squeasy!

300ml pot of double cream (1 1/4 cup)
140g punnet of fresh raspberries (approximately 1 1/4 cups)
4 TBS Lemon Curd
4 large meringue nests, roughly broken

Whip the cream until stiff. Gently fold in about 3/4 of the raspberries, the lemon curd and the broken meringues, making sure that some of the raspberries break up, leaving a ripple effect and that some of them remain whole, and so that you get some of the curd rippled through without it being completely mixed in. Divide between 4 bowls and then scatter the remaining raspberries over top. Delicious!

4 comments

  1. This was dessert tonight. Could it get any easier? What a fabulous recipe to have on hand for those days you want a quick sweet treat or have unexpected guests - you can throw this together really quickly from things you have at home and make a tasty and impressive dessert. Really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! It’s a real favourite here for sure! Xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!